We’ve all been there. One day you notice some mild pain at your knee when going down the stairs. It’s not much, and it doesn’t happen every time. Some days the pain is gone completely and other times the pain is sharp and catches you off guard. This “flare-up” usually lasts for a day or two and returns to “normal” after some rest.
Weeks pass and then months…this cycle of aggravation followed by rest keeps occurring. You can still do the things that you want to do, but this annoying pain is becoming more frequent. Some answers why would be nice. But as soon as you work up the nerve to schedule a visit with the doctor, the pain reduces again.
We get it. Time is precious, and the last thing that we want to do with our time is waste it sitting at a doctor’s office being told that nothing is wrong. And worse, no one wants to pay for an expensive visit with a doctor only to be told “try rest, ice, ibuprofen and come back in two months if things don’t get better.”
But did you know that you don’t need to go to your doctor? Minnesota allows direct access to a physical therapist.
What does that mean? A referral, order, etc. is no longer required to see a physical therapist. You can literally walk right into a physical therapy clinic and be seen that day. You no longer have to spend the money or time on a visit with the doctor just to be told you need physical therapy.
Read Now: Why Physical Therapy Is Your Ticket To A Pain-Free Life
Why See a Physical Therapist?
Your primary physician can’t possibly be an expert at every area of medicine – which is why they refer you to specialists for deeper issues.
A physical therapist is a specialist that focuses on resolving pain at the source. But unlike other specialists, you don’t need a referral from a doctor first.
Back to your original concern. Does “achy,” “dull,” random knee pain justify a physical therapy visit?… YES! We hear these stories on a daily basis!
The the sooner you start physical therapy for those aches and pains…the better your long-term results.
Read Now: The Benefits of Regular Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is the proven, effective resolution for pain. Physical therapy looks at the source of your pain, not the symptoms – so instead of taking pain killers and hoping it goes away, we as Doctors of Physical Therapy focus on treatments that resolve the cause of your pain.
A comprehensive physical therapy plan takes into consideration your current pain, your past experiences, health history, and ability level to create a tailored-to-you care plan. We help resolve pain, no matter the source:
- Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Neck/Shoulder Pain
- Ankle/Foot Pain
- Hip Pain
- Elbow/Wrist/Hand Pain
- Sports Injury
- Post-Surgical Pain
Physical Therapy With PRO Therapy
If you want to make physical therapy a success, partnering with a one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy is going to help you avoid future pain and resolve current pain.
We Love to Help People:
- Keep Active – So you can run after your kids all day, take your grandchildren to the park with ease, enjoy a nice round of golf, run or walk anytime that suits you.
- Stay Free From Painkillers – So you’re not always reaching in the cupboard for pills to ease the pain whenever it strikes, getting only a “quick fix” when you need a “permanent fix” – PLUS they’re no good for your long-term health, “mask” the pain and certainly don’t actually do anything to fix the problem.
- Avoid Dangerous Injections/Surgery – We’ll help you get to the root cause of what’s going on – so you don’t have to get to the point of having to face injections or surgery.
- Found Out What’s Wrong – We’ll help give you peace of mind and ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – also give you a set of exercises perfectly catered to you to help speed up recovery.
- Get More Enjoyment Out Of Life – So you can enjoy quality time with family and friends that your daily aches and pains steal from you – also finally get a good night of sleep without constantly tossing and turning.
Read Now: Why Our Physical Therapy Team Are Amazing (And What They Have Taught Me)
Are you ready to make physical therapy work for you? Give us a call! We offer complimentary phone and in-person consultations. We aim to meet our patients wherever they are in their journey and answer all questions we can to ensure a smooth experience at PRO Therapy. We want to help you make the best decision for you!
PRO Therapy is an Independently Owned Orthopedic Physical Therapy Clinic. At PRO Therapy, we treat back, knee, neck/shoulder, ankle/foot, and hip pain as well as sports injuries, surgery rehabilitation, and anything else that’s causing you pain. We want everyone to have exceptional care, better access to care and be able to complete the activities in life that make them happy – free from a life of painkillers, injections, or surgeries.