Our very own Dr. Kevin Spahr recently did an interview with Go Solo about PRO Therapy, his story, and business ownership.
Check out the full article and other featured businesses on Go Solo.
Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in health and wellness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Dr. Kevin Spahr, Owner of PRO Therapy, located in Northeast Minneapolis, MN, USA.
What’s your business, and who are your customers?
PRO Therapy is a physical therapy clinic dedicated to YOU with our primary goal of getting YOU back to enjoying the tasks and activities you’ve had stripped away from you because of back, knee, shoulder, neck, hip, or ankle/foot pain. We treat a wide variety of patients with a wide variety of ailments. We pride ourselves on educating our patients and beyond on the world of physical therapy. What it is, how it’s beneficial, and giving you all the information you need to make the best decision in your rehabilitation journey.
Tell us about yourself
My wife, Liz Spahr, and I started the PRO Therapy journey together in 2016. At the time, I had been treating in different settings since completing my doctoral degree in graduate school in 2008. I was quickly reminded about everything I loved within the world of Physical Therapy. But, also just how different the experience for patients could be based on the setting and parameters in place by each clinic. In some cases, it wasn’t about the patient. It was about how many were in and how many were out. I wanted more for those being treated, and knowing we could give that…. we opened our first clinic in June 2016 in Northeast Minneapolis, MN. In 2017, we opened our second location in Coon Rapids, MN. By November 2019, we upgraded into our current Northeast clinic location! We now have four Doctors of Physical Therapy as well as a Client Care Specialist – with further team growth in the works!
It’s so important to allow the space for our patients to be heard, understood, and educated by our entire team along their PT journey with us at PRO Therapy. What keeps us motivated? The consistent stories of success we hear from our patients. There is nothing better than hearing directly from our patients they’ve received an outcome or experience they’d been searching for, for too long.
What’s your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Our team! PRO’s growth and success are a reflection of the commitment our team makes daily to the patient experience.
What’s one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Finding work/life balance. Our commitment is 24/7 to our patients and our team, so we really have to make a conscious effort to find the same balance we encourage our team to have.
What are the top tips you’d give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
1. Embrace the challenges.
2. Surround yourself with a team that has the same commitment to your business’s goals and values.
3. Engage in groups that push you out of your comfort zone for further growth.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
We offer complimentary phone conversations and in-person discovery visits with our Doctors of Physical Therapy!
Where can people find you and your business?
Physical Therapy With PRO Therapy
At PRO Therapy you will always experience precise, caring, and one on one care from a Licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy – no tech aides, no rehab assistants, no personal trainers – to help you decrease pain by the time you walk out the door of your first session and create a plan to adhere to going forward.
If you want to make physical therapy a success, partnering with one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy is going to help you avoid future pain and resolve current pain.
We Love to Help People:
- Keep Active – So you can run after your kids all day, take your grandchildren to the park with ease, enjoy a nice round of golf, run or walk anytime that suits you.
- Stay Free From Painkillers – So you’re not always reaching in the cupboard for pills to ease the pain whenever it strikes, getting only a “quick fix” when you need a “permanent fix” – PLUS they’re no good for your long-term health, “mask” the pain and certainly don’t actually do anything to fix the problem.
- Avoid Dangerous Injections/Surgery – We’ll help you get to the root cause of what’s going on – so you don’t have to get to the point of having to face injections or surgery.
- Found Out What’s Wrong – We’ll help give you peace of mind and ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – also give you a set of exercises perfectly catered to you to help speed up recovery.
- Get More Enjoyment Out Of Life – So you can enjoy quality time with family and friends that your daily aches and pains steal from you – also finally get a good night of sleep without constantly tossing and turning.
Are you ready to make physical therapy work for you? Give us a call! We offer complimentary phone and in-person consultations. We aim to meet our patients wherever they are in their journey and answer all questions we can to ensure a smooth experience at PRO Therapy. We want to help you make the best decision for you!
PRO Therapy is an Independently Owned Orthopedic Physical Therapy Clinic. At PRO Therapy, we treat back, knee, neck/shoulder, ankle/foot, and hip pain as well as sports injuries, surgery rehabilitation, and anything else that’s causing you pain. We want everyone to have exceptional care, better access to care and be able to complete the activities in life that make them happy – free from a life of painkillers, injections, or surgeries.