Dr. Kevin Spahr - Owner | Doctor of Physical Therapy
Team Member Bio:
Dr. Kevin Spahr understands that each patient is unique when it comes to injury and disease management. “The complexity of our bodies requires detailed examination and critical thinking to develop a care plan specific for each patient.” Dr. Spahr places high priority on customized treatment plans to help you reach your personal goals.
Dr. Spahr, originally from Winona, MN, completed his undergraduate studies at St. Mary’s University in his hometown. After graduation, he moved up to the Twin Cities metro area in 2005 to pursue his Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at St. Catherine University School of Health in Minneapolis, MN.
Dr. Spahr’s love and dedication to the world of physical therapy began at a young age dealing with personal injuries sustained in sports. His passion in life has always been to help others, and a physical therapist is the career path he chose. His focus is on you. His goal is to keep you happy and healthy.
In his free time, Dr. Spahr enjoys spending time with his wife (Liz), daughter (Millie) and dogs (Mia & Ellie), family and friends when not in the clinic. He also enjoys staying active, exercising and the outdoors.
Dr. Spahr’s Philosophy is Simple
Dr. Spahr delivers a Triple Aim approach to preventative & rehabilitative healthcare services offered to patients:
- Great Care – Measurable High Quality Patient Outcomes
- Great Service – An Exceptional Patient Experience
- Great Value – Lower Total Episodic Cost of Care
Physical Therapy is Always Evolving
“Commit yourself to lifelong learning. The most valuable asset you’ll ever have is your mind and what you put into it.”
Dr. Spahr has extensive expertise in post-surgical rehab, work-related injuries, sports injuries and motor vehicle accidents. He has clinical experience in treating all regions of the body including neck, back, shoulder, elbow, hand/wrist, hip, knee, and ankle/foot orthopedic conditions.
- Favorite TV show – Sportcenter (ESPN)
- Favorite vacation – When my wife, Liz and I, went to Maui
- What do you love most about Minnesota – I’ve lived in this state my entire life and what tops my list are the people, MN summers and trips up North to cabins.
- The one thing that I want people to know about PRO Therapy – PRO Therapy was started to be able to help as many people as I (we) could make better decisions about their health. Healthcare can be a complex, confusing and many times scary world. We opened this private practice to be able to create an environment for people where they felt comfortable, empowered and able to tell their story.
- Certified Kinesiotaping Practitioner (CKTP)
- Certified Graston Technique Practitioner
- Certification in Dry Needling (Cert. DN)
- Certified Wellness Coach (CWC)
- Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach (FNC)
- Certified Corporate Wellness Coach (CCWC)
- Fairview – Institute of Athletic Medicine: University Orthopedics, Minneapolis, MN – Outpatient Orthopedics/Sports Medicine
- Allina – Courage Kenny, Cottage Grove, MN – Outpatient Orthopedics/Sports Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical Center – Fairview, Minneapolis, MN – Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Amery Regional Medical Center, Amery, WI – General Practice
- Fairview – Northland Medical Center, Princeton, MN – Acute Care/Outpatient Orthopedic
Integrated Clinical Education:
- Courage Center (Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Center)
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (Intensive Care Unit)
- Methodist Hospital (Cardiac Rehabilitation & Wound Care)
- VA Medical Center (Amputee & Prosthetics)
- Fairview Southdale Hospital (Acute Care)
- The Colony (Transitional Care Rehabilitation)
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Outpatient Orthopedics)Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Inpatient Rehabilitation)
- St. Catherine University School of Health, Doctor of Physical Therapy, DPT – Minneapolis, MN
- St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, BA – Winona, MN