Dr. Kristen Schultz - Doctor of Physical Therapy
Team Member Bio:
Dr. Kristen Schultz is passionate about helping her patients understand that they are not broken and do not need to be fixed – but rather, help uncover ways to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life. Kristen takes the time to understand her patients in order to customize a therapeutic approach.
Dr. Schultz is originally from Sioux Falls, SD. She grew up playing soccer competitively as well as studio dance. During college, she traded in the shin guards and soccer ball for ultimate frisbee. After receiving her B.A. in French and moving to the Twin Cities in 2011, she worked in a French Bakery and received training in traditional French pastry technique. However, after an ACL injury and subsequent rehab, Dr. Schultz shifted gears and began taking the steps to becoming a physical therapist. She has additional experience as a preschool dance instructor, barre teacher, and group fitness instruction.
In her free time, Dr. Schultz enjoys cooking with her soon-to-be husband, Steve, spending time with her family, taking any sort of group fitness class, or walking around one of the lakes. She continues to play ultimate frisbee and has played for Minneapolis Pop (2011-2021), Surly COUGARS (2018 & 2022 Masters National Champions), and competed in the 2014 Worlds tournament in Lecco, Italy with the Brazilian National Team.
- Favorite TV show – The Wire, Ted Lasso, RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Favorite Vacation – It’s hard to pick one…I really enjoyed getting to visit my extended family in Norway, that was really cool! But, I’m especially looking forward to my honeymoon to St. Kitt’s in November!
- What do you love most about Minnesota – The summers and proximity to so many lakes – even within the metro!
- The one thing that I want people to know about PRO Therapy – At PRO, we work with patients to create a customized and attainable plan of care that best suits the patients. We take the time to get to know and listen to our patients to truly understand how we can best help each individual.
- St. Catherine’s University School of Health, Doctor of Physical Therapy, DPT – St. Paul, MN
- Luther College – Bachelor of Arts, BA – Decorah, IA