Meet the Team
Physical Therapist Kevin Spahr, DPT
Dr. Kevin Spahr, Minneapolis, MN Physical Therapist, understands that each patient is unique when it comes to injury and disease management. “The complexity of our bodies requires detailed examination and critical thinking to develop a care plan specific for each patient.” Dr. Spahr places high priority on customized treatment plans to help you reach your personal goals.
Dr. Kevin Spahr, originally from Winona, MN, completed his undergraduate studies at St. Mary’s University in his hometown. After graduation, he moved up to the Twin Cities metro area in 2005 to pursue his Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at St. Catherine University School of Health in Minneapolis, MN.
My love and dedication to the world of physical therapy began at a young age dealing with personal injuries sustained in sports. My passion in life has always been to help others, and a physical therapist is the career path I chose. My focus is on you. My goal is to keep you happy and healthy.
In his free time, Dr. Spahr enjoys spending time with his wife (Liz), dogs (Mia & Ellie), family and friends when not in the clinic. He also enjoys staying active, exercising and the outdoors.
Dr. Spahr's Philosophy is Simple
Dr. Spahr delivers a Triple Aim approach to preventative & rehabilitative healthcare services offered to patients:
- Great Care – Measurable High Quality Patient Outcomes
- Great Service – An Exceptional Patient Experience
- Great Value – Lower Total Episodic Cost of Care
Physical Therapy is Always Evolving
“Commit yourself to lifelong learning. The most valuable asset you’ll ever have is your mind and what you put into it.”
Dr. Spahr has extensive expertise in post-surgical rehab, work-related injuries, sports injuries and motor vehicle accidents. He has clinical experience in treating all regions of the body including neck, back, shoulder, elbow, hand/wrist, hip, knee, and ankle/foot orthopedic conditions.
- Certified Kinesiotaping Practitioner (CKTP)
- Certified Graston Technique Practitioner
- Certification in Dry Needling (Cert. DN)
- Certified Wellness Coach (CWC)
- Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach (FNC)
- Certified Corporate Wellness Coach (CCWC)
Continuing Education Pathway
- Strength and Conditioning (CSCS)
- Spinal Manipulation (Cert. SMT)
- Diploma in Osteopractic (Dip. Osteopractic)
- Advanced Ergonomics (CEES/CWCE)
- Advanced Orthopedics (OCS)
- PRO Therapy, Minneapolis, MN - Outpatient Orthopedics/Corporate Health
- North Suburban Healthcare, Coon Rapids, MN - Outpatient Orthopedics
- Interim Healthcare, Roseville, MN - Home Care
- On Call Clinicians, St. Louis Park, MN - Outpatient Orthopedics/Transitional Care Rehabilitation
- Blankenheim Services, Appleton, WI - Corporate Health
- Methodist Hospital - Park Nicollet Health System, St. Louis Park, MN - Outpatient Orthopedics
- Fairview - Institute of Athletic Medicine - University Orthopedics, Minneapolis, MN - Outpatient Orthopedics/Sports Medicine
- Allina - Courage Kenny, Cottage Grove, MN - Outpatient Orthopedics/Sports Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical Center - Fairview, Minneapolis, MN - Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Amery Regional Medical Center, Amery, WI - General Practice
- Fairview Northland Medical Center, Princeton, MN - Acute Care/Outpatient Orthopedics
Integrated Clinical Education:
- Courage Center (Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Center)
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (Intensive Care Unit)
- Methodist Hospital (Cardiac Rehabilitation & Wound Care)
- VA Medical Center (Amputee & Prosthetics)
- Fairview Southdale Hospital (Acute Care)
- The Colony (Transitional Care Rehabilitation)
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Outpatient Orthopedics)
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Inpatient Rehabilitation)
- St. Catherine University School of Health, Doctor of Physical Therapy, DPT - Minneapolis, MN
- St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, BA - Winona, MN
Physical Therapist Ben Schacht, DPT
Dr. Ben Schacht, Physical Therapist, takes pride in providing high quality and evidence-based physical therapy care to his clients, while helping them reach their functional goals. Ben enjoys implementing a hands-on approach to treatment, utilizing manual therapy interventions in conjunction with functional exercise to restore mobility and strength. It is Ben’s personal goal to connect with each client on an individual level and be a trusted health and wellness resource for them.
Ben grew up in Monticello, MN where his passion for rehabilitation began after sustaining sports related injuries and personally experiencing the benefits of physical therapy. Ben received his bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from Concordia College – Moorhead where he played four years of college football. Following graduation, Ben earned his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from South College in Knoxville, TN.
Ben enjoys treating people across the age spectrum with conditions that span from head to toe. He has taken a special interest in utilizing Trigger Point Dry Needling to treat myofascial pain conditions. With his extensive background in athletics, Ben enjoys treating sports related injuries and implementing injury prevention programs for athletes.
Away from the clinic, Ben enjoys spending time with his wife, Carly, exploring all the Twin Cities metro area has to offer. He stays active by exercising, playing sports with friends, and cheering on Minnesota sports teams.